"The Cavalex Model’s Class 56 in OO - the answer to the Cavalex Conundrum teased earlier in the week - with the type 5 loco hauling all of our released and forthcoming wagon projects.
Cavalex Models are pleased to announce our newly-tooled Class 56 in 4mm. The model is already significantly advanced and currently at the tooling stage, having been in the works for the past few years. All variants of the 56 are being tooled, to accurately cover all 135 locomotives produced between 1976 and 1984.
The Cavalex 56 has been designed completely from scratch,based on original works drawings from both Electroputere and BREL. We have incorporated numerous innovations into the model which we’re looking forward to showcasing. Whilst the 56 has been released by other manufacturers in the past,it was an obvious choice for us given the prototype ran with all of our released and forthcoming wagons, and being 56 fans, we wanted to capture the distinct differences between the four main versions of the ‘Grid’. We have deliberately chosen prototypes that don’t conflict with existing models of theclass, whilst also releasing liveries never seen in 4mm scale. This extends to liveries not seen on certain versions; for example Red Stripe Railfreight on a Romanian built Class 56.
The Cavalex 56 will be produced to the same high standard of finish as the highly regarded PGA and BBA/BLA wagons, incorporating similar levels of detail and innovation.
The locomotive will incorporate the following features:
- A wealth of separately fitted parts, including bogies which aren’t just one-piece mouldings to allow for proper detail relief
- Photo etched grilles throughout the model
- All wheel pick up
- Alloy chassis to allow the locomotive to pull prototypical wagon rakes
- 5 pole motor with twin flywheels, geared for prototypical running speeds with superb slow speed control
- 21 pin DCC interface, with easy DCC fitting provision
- DCC sound and stay alive options (Further news to follow)
- Provision for an EM2 Speaker in the chassis as standard
- Drop in EM/P4 wheel set packs available to order separately to coincide with the release of the model (Further news to follow)
- Separately motor operated roof fans via a function output on DCC, or when moving on DC
- Etched name plates supplied as appropriate
- Both standard and revised cantrail grill options depending on prototype.
The Cavalex Class 56 Range :
56008 - BR Blue - (CM - 56008 - BRB)
56018 - EWS - (CM - 56018 - EWS)
56019 - Red Stripe railfreight - (CM - 56019 - RSR)
56023 - Coal Sector - (CM - 56023 - TGCS)
56046 - Construction Sector - (CM - 56046 - TGC)
56055 - Loadhaul - (CM - 56055 - LH)
56070 - BR Blue - (CM - 56070 - BRB)
56074 - Coal Sector - “Kellingley Colliery” - (CM - 56074- TGCS)
56077 - Original Railfreight - (CM - 56077 - OR)
56093 - Large Logo - Tinsley Celebrity - (CM - 56093 -LL)
56097 - Metals sector - (CM - 56097 - TGM)
56120 - Large Logo - (CM - 56120 - LL)
Please visit our website for more details on the project,and how to order: https://www.cavalexmodels.com/cavalex-class-56?fbclid=IwAR2pktsBqz11_ETvJXuDqkzD-nHCrnJvP9byBX4AYVADwno1jQIAsS2iBfY
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here – on RailRoad Modelling