Amtrak has announced the much-anticipated 50th Anniversary paint schemes celebrating the inauguration of service in 1971. The brand-new ALC-42 Charger #301, currently under construction by Siemens Mobility and expected to enter service later in 2021, will wear the one-off celebratory“Day 1” livery.
Bachmann is pleased to announce the upcoming release of the ALC-42 Charger in HO scale. This highly detailed, limited-production model will feature the Amtrak “Day 1” livery and will be available on a pre-order basis only.
Bachmann’s DCC sound-equipped ALC-42 uses Siemens Mobility's original design documentation and sound files. This model includes a TCS WOW Sound® CD-Quality 16-bit 44,100Hz decoder with Audio Assist® for easy configuration without programming CVs and a Keep-Alive® device for uninterrupted operation, even over dirty track. The WOW Sound® diesel-electric locomotive sound package includes horn, bell, prime mover, start-up/shutdown,compressor, cooling fan, coupler close/release, brake release and application,crew alert, grade-crossing quill, departing and arriving station announcements,and more. Loaded with prototypical features, the ALC-42 brings all the sights and sounds of the newest Amtrak diesel-electric locomotive to your layout.
- Siemens-approved design
- DCC sound-equipped for sound, speed, direction, and lighting control
- TCS true CD quality audio in 16-bit 44,100 Hz sound
- Keep-Alive® device that keeps your engine running during power interruptions due to dirty track or loss of electrical contact
- Voice-guided Audio Assist® programming tool for easy set-up of almost all decoder functionality
- Dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder
- Directional headlights
- Interior corridor work lights
- Marker lights
- Steady/alternate flashing ditch lights
- Die-cast frame
- Separately applied windshield wipers, grab irons and detail parts
- Performs best on 22” radius curves or greater
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers,to mention that you saw their products highlighted here – on RailRoad Modelling.