MP-36 Locomotives and Metra Passenger Cars
TYPE 8500 and TYPE 6000 Metra cars are available for the MP-36. Railroads include:
Metra (Milwaukee Road Hiawatha)
Metra (Rock Island Heritage)
West Coast Express
Locomotive Features Include:
- Golden-white LEDs
- Realistic die-cast underframe
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Realistic lighting effects including ditch lights and in-cab light
- Metal knuckle couplers
- Detailed cab interior
- Separately-installed scale windshield wipers, metal grab irons and fine scale handrails
- Coupler cut levers
- Multiple unit hoses and trainline hoses
- Recommended 22” radius with Atlas passenger cars
Silver Sound Ready
- Atlas Silver Sound Ready models are equipped with a speaker for easy conversion to sound with the addition of a decoder.
ESU LokSound Functionality Features::
- ESU LokSound decoder, supporting all DCC programming modes.
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F31.
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
- Over 20 sound effects are available
Passenger Car Features:
- Designed from prototype drawings with the cooperation of Metra
- Illuminated directional LED headlight, ditchlights, and red marker lights
- Interior includes seat details and LED illumination
- 21-pin plug for optional DCC operation
- Provision for mounting a speaker
- Separately applied air horn, antenna, lift lugs, and diaphragms
- Free-rolling metal wheels
- Equipped with metal couplers
- Recommend 22” minimum radius